Afrofuturism

In doing some research on Afrofuturism today I found this website (with an incredible graphic on the splash page).

It's got links to audio samples and some history of afrofuturism.

This got me thinking I should look into the music of George Clinton / Parliament, Grace Jones and our old friend Sun Ra (remember Julie's Space is the Place etude back in Project X days???).

So here are some of the fruits of my labors:

George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic, Mothership Connection:



This is the video for Grace Jones' Corporate Cannibal, pretty trippy:

"I'm a man eating machine. You won't hear me laughing as I terminate your day. You can't trace my footsteps as I walk the other way. I'm a man eating machine. A man, man eating machine."




And... uh, here is Grace Jones singing Little Drummer Boy on PeeWee's Playhouse. Yes.



Sun Ra, Space is the Place -- I cannot explain this video but you should watch it:



Ok, just have one more...

Wu Tang Clan's Killer Bees video:

0 comments:

Post a Comment