The Neverending Story

So, last night as we were talking about sources I suddenly realized a great source from my childhood: The Neverending Story.

I saw it first when I was seven. My mom took my friend Aaron and I to the movies, and he was so scared he ran out of the movie theater and we had to leave.

Here's the clip where they first explain The Nothing and that the Empress is dying.

There just might be one chance! The plains people who hunt the purple buffalo have among them a great warrior, and he alone has a chance to fight The Nothing and save us. He is our only hope. His name is Atreyu.




At 6:13 in that clip you can see the horrible creature with the green eyes roaring in his cave. That's the point when Aaron ran out of the theater.

This next clip starts with the most heartbreaking scene of all time -- when Atreyu's horse Artax gives up and sinks into the deadly swamp of sadness. Damn. I just cried again, watching it.



And you can also watch the MUSIC VIDEO that was made from the title song, it's pretty amazing too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment